I am a postdoctoral researcher at ETHZ. Before joining ETHZ, I completed my Ph.D. at the School of Computer and Communication Sciences, EPFL, where my thesis is nominated for thesis distinction. I completed my undergraduate (and integrated master's) studies at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Varanasi, where I was awarded the institute medal for standing first in my class.
I have also worked at Microsoft Research, Qatar Computing Research Institute, INRIA (France), Centro de Informática (Brazil), and IIT Kharagpur.
- December 2020 : Will present our AAAI 2021 paper at the NeurIPS 2020 workshop Algorithmic Fairness through the Lens of Causality and Interpretability.
- December 2020 : Paper accepted at AAAI 2021.
- September 2020 : Joined ETHZ as a postdoc researcher.
- August 2020 : Passed the oral exam (closed committee defense). Update (Sep 2020) : Awarded doctorate after successful public defense.
- July 2020 : Won the Best Paper Award at ACM Web Science 2020, for the paper Tackling Peer-to-Peer Discrimination in the Sharing Economy.
- April 2020 : 2 papers accepted at IJCAI 2020.
One in the main track with 12.6% acceptance rate and another in the "AI in FinTech" track with 19.3% acceptance rate!
- April 2020 : Paper accepted at ACM Web Science 2020.
- January 2020 : Won the "Academic Award" ($7,500) in the second edition of the IARPA Geopolitical Forecasting Challenge.
- September 2019 : I am on leave from EPFL until December 2019 (working as an intern at Microsoft Research).
- August 2019 : New paper, Infochain: A Decentralized, Trustless and Transparent Oracle on Blockchain.
- July 2019 : Presenting my paper at UAI 2019 in Tel Aviv.
- June 2019 : Presenting my paper at the Bayesian Crowd Conference in Rotterdam.
- May 2019 : Paper accepted at UAI 2019.
- January 2019 : Presenting my papers at AAAI and co-located events in Honolulu, Hawaii.
- December 2018 : Paper accepted at AAAI/ACM AIES 2019.
- November 2018 : Paper accepted at AAAI 2019 (16.2% acceptance rate!). Update : Selected for oral presentation.
- September 2018 : Won multiple awards ($9,750) in the IARPA Geopolitical Forecasting Challenge. Will give a talk about our winning method in Washington DC in October.
Press Coverage : 24 Heures (French), EPFL News (French), EPFL News (English)
- July 2018 : Presenting my papers at the GaMeDATA Workshop (colocated with ICML, IJCAI and AAMAS) in Stockholm.
- July 2018 : Presenting my research at AAAI-HCOMP DC in Zurich.
- Feb 2018 : Attending the ACM FAT Conference in New York.
- Feb 2018 : Presenting my paper at AAAI 2018 (and also at AIES 2018) in New Orleans.
- December 2017 : Paper accepted at AAAI/ACM AIES 2018, also selected for oral presentation.
- November 2017 : Paper accepted at AAAI 2018.